Brazil will open bids for oil (on shore, off shore and deep water – pre-salt layer) and shale gas exploration. Three bids are expected in 2013.
A first call for oil exploration will be coming up soon. The Brazilian Oil, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency (ANP) released a preliminary document in late January; it is available for download – only in Portuguese.
- To invest in oil & gas exploration in Brazil;
- To provide services for companies running in the bids and those already operating in the Country;
- To partner with Brazil’s Petrobras, a global leader in deep water exploration and the main repository of knowledge on the Country’s geological provinces;
- To partner with Brazil’s Petrobras for the exploration of the pre-salt fields;
- To invest in the production of capital goods for the oil & gas industry in Brazil.